Friday, March 20, 2009

praise God!

Well, The whole family went to Dallas for a trip to my Dr. Thursday. Due to abdominal pain she wanted to do an upper scope. SO, we stayed at a hotel, and I had a upper GI Endoscopy. yay.lol NOT. Ok so I was knocked out and all, but still, I am not good with this stuff. I found out my home scales are about 15 lbs off(!?!) Which started the anxiety ball rollin'. But the news was, everything looked good. Slight inflamation. She says no soda.:-( and lay off the spicey foods(!?) And that I need more anti anxiety meds. They took some biopsy samples to be safe and thorough. And also are testing for Celiac disease. It was a long 48 hrs and we are all exhausted. I am pretty good, but sore throat from the tube, and tummy feels a little nauseated. Also, I am still sleepy. I am mourning my Dr Pepper, but grateful for goodreport so far. I will be having the um, lower scope in a couple of months. Not really looking forward to it. But I feel empowered by DOING this step instead of letting myself worry about the what ifs.

3 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

I am thankful that you are done with that! I am not a soda drinker but I do have Dr. Pepper if I ever drink it!! How about some seltzer water instead of soda? I love seltzer water and drink it alot. No sugar -so that's good!! I would have a hard time with the "no spicey food" thing. I really like spicey food.

I pray that you are healed and don't need a lower thingy....they are not all that much fun either.

Praying for you girlfriend! xo

Unknown said...

Hey girl...I'm so happy to hear all when well. The 'lower' scope isn't so bad. Paul's had 2 within a 6 week period. The prep. part isn't so fun. The key is eating light the day before you fast and the prep. won't be so bad :) Praying for you!!!!

A. T. said...

I'm glad you are home and done with that!

I would have time with the no spicy food too. Did she say how long on that, or is it a permanent thing?

Praying for you!