Friday, March 20, 2009

praise God!

Well, The whole family went to Dallas for a trip to my Dr. Thursday. Due to abdominal pain she wanted to do an upper scope. SO, we stayed at a hotel, and I had a upper GI Endoscopy. yay.lol NOT. Ok so I was knocked out and all, but still, I am not good with this stuff. I found out my home scales are about 15 lbs off(!?!) Which started the anxiety ball rollin'. But the news was, everything looked good. Slight inflamation. She says no soda.:-( and lay off the spicey foods(!?) And that I need more anti anxiety meds. They took some biopsy samples to be safe and thorough. And also are testing for Celiac disease. It was a long 48 hrs and we are all exhausted. I am pretty good, but sore throat from the tube, and tummy feels a little nauseated. Also, I am still sleepy. I am mourning my Dr Pepper, but grateful for goodreport so far. I will be having the um, lower scope in a couple of months. Not really looking forward to it. But I feel empowered by DOING this step instead of letting myself worry about the what ifs.

3 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

I am thankful that you are done with that! I am not a soda drinker but I do have Dr. Pepper if I ever drink it!! How about some seltzer water instead of soda? I love seltzer water and drink it alot. No sugar -so that's good!! I would have a hard time with the "no spicey food" thing. I really like spicey food.

I pray that you are healed and don't need a lower thingy....they are not all that much fun either.

Praying for you girlfriend! xo

*Overflowing* said...

Hey girl...I'm so happy to hear all when well. The 'lower' scope isn't so bad. Paul's had 2 within a 6 week period. The prep. part isn't so fun. The key is eating light the day before you fast and the prep. won't be so bad :) Praying for you!!!!

Alicia said...

I'm glad you are home and done with that!

I would have time with the no spicy food too. Did she say how long on that, or is it a permanent thing?

Praying for you!