Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Gotta Gush and say thanks

OKAY! I cannot remember any and all who may have talked about "Teaching Textbooks" for math, but I had to gush a little and say a broad generalized thank you to the ones who did. This is an answer to prayer!!
I ordered their 5th grade math for my oldest. We have tried several math programs out there and last I had heard TT was only upper grades so I hadn't even thought of it for real yet, but knew I would check it out when he got to 6th. BUT THEY HAVE 3rd and up.(third is being released soon) So I ordered it Monday, no lie here, and it was here this morning(WEDS!!) My boy, (who hates math with a passion) has said thank you mom for trying another one for me a thousand times before it got here. When it arrived, he was so excited, he got up and did lesson one while still in his pjs. He finished it with missing only 1 problem and that was a typing error. I would post a pic but he didn't want me taking one of him un-showered and in pjs.(whatever, kid!)
So, for the first time EVER in our 9 years of homeschooling, I feel a fit with math. He said,"I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!"(ELF quote there) lol so because he "don't care who knows it" I thought I would share. He said, "mom, can you feel that? That weight being lifted??" Yes, Son, I can. lol We are doing the happy Snoopy dance here. The "give math a chance dance." thanks ladies!

4 comments:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

YAY!! I'm so glad you like it. We are doing TT for Algebra and Pre-Calculus this year. It is a life-saver because there's no way I could teach those subjects myself. I'm not a math person!!

Jean said...

I wish they had them for the younger kids- I have heard so many families are happy with them. Right now we are doing okay BUT I can see us making a switch as the girls get older.
Doesn't if feel good!

LesleyReid said...

Yes! Excited ourselves about TT, Josh, STeph, Ryan and Rach will use this and Sara I am trying on the Math U See PRIMER-
Glad to see you found something everyone enjoys! Les

The Source said...

We're teaching textbook fans here, too! I have one twin who despises math and one who loves it. They're doing different grade levels this year, but BOTH are enjoying it, finally!!