Sunday, July 22, 2012

our adoption update

I don't know if I told my bloggy friends, but a few months ago, I was asked to talk about our adoption experience at what everyone hopes will be the first of many adoption fellowships. It was humbling. It was also so amazing! To be asked to share on what is so very deep in my heart!?! While I am all nostalgic about that day, now I am rolling in today. When people say adoption is a roller coaster-- they are NOT kidding!! Our three new kids are a challenging group. They would make a challenge even if they were the ONLY kids in the home. Strangely though, because they aren't- I think they have an even better chance at being self-less and adaptable. I know it sounds odd, and warped, but I think it is true. We have days that go so well and then we have days that I want to pull out someones hair.(and it is usually a toss up between mine or some little girl!) I have never seen such disrespect, laziness, or flat out rudeness than in these three kids. I also have seen tenderness and depth and hurt and love. They all had attachment issues, but two of the three have really formed deep bonds. Then finally the other day my 10 yr old said, "Mommy, I love you so much, I don't even know the words for it. I never felt it before." Then a few hrs later her little sister sobs in time out wailing "I WANNA NEW MOMMY!!! ONE WITH BLONDE HAIR THAT WONT BE MEAN TO ME!!It doesnt mean I don't love you, I just wanna new mommy!" lol sigh. So you can see why I may need to start therapy? I am afraid I may be becoming bipolar soon. lol(just kidding!!) The ups and downs are crazy. The ride is slowing up a bit though and the ups and downs get a teensey bit more even. I think that is what they call progress. Kids are attaching. I am working on keeping it all together. The marriage is still working. The kids are all alive. The chickens are too if that means anything! Well, except those roosters- but that's another post. Keep us in your prayers please? We will not be finalizing as soon as we had hoped due to crazy time issues and between state stuff.(?!)The kids may have to go back into public school for a stupid amount of 2 months or less. I am trying to just have peace and let God be in control. I cannot make anything happen. I can only pray. Please join us in praying? Thank you!

No comments: